Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
Please bear with me on this. It has got nothing to do with the Saxon debugger - I have deleted this code from CVS. *without the Saxon plugin, the user cannot add Saxon processor instances* The Saxon plugin contributes the Saxon processor _type_. NOT the Saxon processor itself. The user adds this himself via the preferences. Please, just try out the code a) with the Saxon plugin installed and b) without it. Try adding processor instances via the preferences. Add a Xalan one, and a Saxon one. I think after playing with it for a while you will understand what I am trying to say (email is so frustrating sometimes!).
Doug, I see what you are saying, and I think that particular functionality needs to be reworked. I personally don't think that a person should have to pre-define a processor type in order to add an available processor. I think you might be able to get by with making it more generic. Something like:

1. Java Processor
2. Command Line

Or something else. Regardless, I do like the extension point for adopters to use to provide specific functionality for their specific processors, but Saxon we have to avoid for now. That functionality along with the debugger extensions needed by it, should come from Saxon or an Adopter of XSLT Tooling.

If we allow saxon, then we have to allow Sabletron for Perl, LibXSLT for PHP/C, Xalan C++ for CDT, etc. It's a slope I'd rather stay away from, and encourage adopters to add the necessary support, or rewrite the way it is currently implemented to give the user more control with out having to pre-define Processor Types.

Dave

Back to the top