Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Extensibility of XSLT editor menus, popups,

Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
I think you guys should work on getting this component building as a separate distro. People can play around with it and give feedback. When everyone is happy about stability and the way it integrates with the rest of WTP we can start talking about graduating from incubation. Also, have you passed all the IP reviews for your code contribution and the dependencies? Only incubating projects qualify for parallel IP, so all reviews have to be completed before graduation.
I for one agree, but I don't think anyone has been talking about the graduation of XSL Tooling...

Agreed....I'm just stating that we need to formalize this a bit more than we have. We to put some minimum amount of project management in place, and establish Milestones to work toward...otherwise development just kinds of happens at random on what everyone wants to work on. We each have our pet features to see done, but we need an overall plan to help guide it.

I'm all for using the wiki and bugzilla to document everything to be done for each milestone, makes it public to the potential user community. Which is why I suggested we look at doing an M1 build so that the community can kick the tires.

But what should go into the M1 release, and when should we target that. Which is why I was asking for some guidelines from WTP on how the Milestone process works so we can try to be as close to that as possible.

Back to the top