Re: [wtp-dev] WTP JSDT call

Hi,

The question is what is the AST required for. eg I've used Nashorn a
while back to get a simple AST from JavaScript, although I think it does
not yet support ES6 and it naturally does not do all the type-inference.
Does anybody know how Netbeans does his JavaScript stuff? Do they use
Nashorn?

I tend to think in small services and an editor needs the following:

Prio 1:
-------
* Syntax highlighting (lexical)
* Outline
* Autocomplete
* Error-Reporting
* Doc-Hover information

Prio 2:
-------
* Syntax highlighting (semantical)
* Refactor/Rename
* Debug

who are potentially totally decoupled from each other! Whether semantic
highlight is important depends heavily on the language. I think for
imperative languages it is not a must but for something like CSS it is.

Tom