[wtp-dev] Nomination of Chris Brealey and Craign Salter for Committer Emeritus status

I've been asked to clarify my nomination for Chris Brealey and Craig Salter for Committer Emeritus status for the benefit of those who are less familiar with their work in WTP.   I did not elaborate when I nominated them earlier today since I thought everyone in WTP is already very familiar with the work Chris and Craig had done over the years.

Chris was the component lead in the Web services component and Craig was the component lead in the XML and XML Web services component since the initial formation of WTP.  They were instrumental in setting the direction of WTP and guiding it through the various releases.  They laid out a lot of the ground work for their respective components and had been shaping the direction of these components ever since.  Over the years, they contributed designs documents, implemented RFEs, provide fixes, and reviewed patches from other team members.  They had been very actively participating in the WTP community in general until they had a change of job responsibility a few months ago.  For that reason, they had submitted their resignation to the WTP PMC.

Following the process outlined recently to maintain an up-to-date list of active committers, I requested to expire their committer rights for the Web services subproject and to nominate them for Committer Emeritus status in recognition to their previous contribution.

Regards,

Kathy Chan
Rational Java Web Services,
IBM Toronto Lab