[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Timothy Deboer <deboer@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:46:59 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current WTP process calls for all
bugs to be assigned to someone immediately on arriving in the inbox, to
ensure that all bugs have been triaged and are in the right component.
Even though we've only been doing this for a short time, we've already
been running into some issues:
* This can give the reporter the false
impression that someone is actually working on or looking at the bug.
* It makes it impossible for people
who want to help out to see which bugs are free.
I vote that we either:
1) scrap this mechanism and follow the
way Eclipse does things.
2) generate another set of ids for each
component (e.g. "jst.server-triaged@xxxxxxxxxxx") that can be
used to indicate the "it's in the right component but nobody is working
on it yet" state.
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503 (tieline 969)