Re: [wtp-dev] Re: I-build

Since Naci may be sound asleep by now, or at least enjoying a weekend :) I'll respond with what I know ... The decision during last PMC call was that I-builds would be moved to Tuesday, allow two days to do some degree of "sniff testing" and fixes for serious problems, with the goal of declaring on Thursday, at the latest. One implication of this plan is that teams can still commit big changes to head during weekly 2 day "test and verify" period, but they should not be released until I-build officially declared, in case that week's I-build needs to be re-spun with just a minimum of change.

We didn't discuss the details of exactly when this transition would occur, so if that's sensitive for you (that is, you'd prefer it to not be next week), just say so and I'm sure Naci can adapt.

(Wasn't clear to me, anyway, if that's what you were requesting, or if you were just asking for detail).

Thanks,

David

Chuck Bridgham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/11/2005 11:42 AM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Re: I-build

Hi Naci,

Can we assume that next weeks IB will happen next Thursday as planned?   I'm trying to plan for this, and I know your proposal suggests moving up two days.

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/10/2005 03:59 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

Timothy Deboer <deboer@xxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Re: I-build

Hi Tim,

There was a trial this morning, the new will run soon.  It should pickup your changes.  There was a glitch anyway (it got labeled M3!).  In any case there were other problems with the build if it does not pass the tests  we will probably not declare it an I-Build today.

This weekend I will publish a new process for I-Builds to start in this Milestone cycle for review, and all teams will have more time to fix their problems.