[wtp-dev] Validation Framework Api changes

There are some validation api changes that will be released to the head stream today that any consumers of the validation framework have to react to. The changes are in effect to the refinement of api in M4 with M4 being our api freeze milestone for WTP 1.0.

The refinement is not complete yet.. but I will send out more notes as I release more api changes over the next week.

You can react to the current set of refinement changes (i.e. fixing your code) by loading the org.eclipse.wst.validation plugin from the TEMP_M4 branch. The changes are listed below

Follwoing classes moved to internal i.e from org.eclipse.wst.validation.core -> org.eclispe.wst.validation.internal.core

FileDelta.java
Message.java
MessageFilter.java
MessageLimitException.java
ValidatorLauncher.java

SeverityEnum class has been removed and all static constants moved to IMessage.

getLineNo()  in IMessage interface has been renamed to getLineNumber()

Thanks, Vijay
Vijay Bhadriraju
Rational Tools, J2EE Tooling
Ph: (919) 486-1898, T/L: 526-1898