[wtp-dev] A question about storing the server speciffic data

Hi all,

This is Dimo Stoilov from SAP. I would like to have some issues cleared up about plugging into the server core. I would like to know if one wants to exdend the WTP platform with plugins for new server type support, where is the appropriate place for the server specific data. I suppose that this should be in the server project, formed as a server configuration, but I saw that actually there is a server project created only for the tomcat server, but for the servers from the Generic Server RuntimeĀ  category - that data is stored in the <workspace-folder>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\servers.xml. So how should be the serv specific data be formed and if it would be as a serv conf which extention points should be used for creating it (I saw that in M1 there is serverConfigurationTypes extension-point, but not in M3) and when is the server project preffered.

I saw that in the editor for the server conf for servers from the Generic ServerRuntimeĀ  category there is a serv name, a host name, a combo for serv type and a radio for the autopublish settigns. Is that a kind of limitation for the contents of the serv conf.

Thanks and best regards,

Dimo.

Back to the top