Re: [wtp-dev] A question about storing the server speciffic data

Hello Dimo,
The reason you do not have as much data in the generic server editors
is the editors are not fully implemented yet. Creating server
resources in the workspace is a user preference for servers in
general. Generic server plugin does not create any resources in the
workspace since it is not aware of any server specific resources.
--
Gorkem Ercan

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:17:14 +0100, Stoilov, Dimo <dimo.stoilov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> This is Dimo Stoilov from SAP. I would like to have some issues cleared up
> about plugging into the server core. I would like to know if one wants to
> exdend the WTP platform with plugins for new server type support, where is
> the appropriate place for the server specific data. I suppose that this
> should be in the server project, formed as a server configuration, but I saw
> that actually there is a server project created only for the tomcat server,
> but for the servers from the Generic Server Runtime  category - that data is
> stored in the
> <workspace-folder>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\servers.xml.
> So how should be the serv specific data be formed and if it would be as a
> serv conf which extention points should be used for creating it (I saw that
> in M1 there is serverConfigurationTypes extension-point, but not in M3) and
> when is the server project preffered.
>
> I saw that in the editor for the server conf for servers from the Generic
> ServerRuntime  category there is a serv name, a host name, a combo for serv
> type and a radio for the autopublish settigns. Is that a kind of limitation
> for the contents of the serv conf.
>

> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Dimo.

Back to the top