Re: [wtp-dev] Adding jars to Weblogic 8.1 classpath

Hi Brennan,
This is really a question for the eclipse newsgroups. This mailing
list is for day by day development of WTP.
Currently, there are no ways to add jars to a servers' startup in the
WTP server tooling. However there are two workarounds.
1. Once you start a server a launch configuration is created. You can
go ahead and edit the launch config. and add any jar files you wish.
But after you do that you should start the server only from the launch
config, otherwise your changes will be overriden.
2. Since weblogic support is part of the generic server plugin you can
edit the classpath definition and add your libraries to it. The server
definition for the weblogic is in
{ECLIPSE_HOME}/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.serverdefinitions_1.0.0/servers.

--
Gorkem Ercan

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:24:37 -0800, Brennan Spies
<brennanspies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I've configured a Server for Weblogic 8.1, but when I start up the server,
> it is unable to find my database driver class (for MySQL). Since I have this
> configured in my startWebLogic script, I am assuming that Eclipse does not
> simply use this script for my domain, but executes its own startup logic. Is
> there a way to configure this Server to add jars to its classpath at
> startup?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Brennan

Back to the top