[wtp-dev] proposed package naming convention to distinguish 'work in progress' API

Hi,

Currently we use 'internal' package names to indicate that code is not supported API.   I know many of us have code that is 'work in progress' API and though its too soon to expose this as 'fully supported API' its seems useful to be able to distinguish these preliminary API's from the rest of our our 'internal' code.  I'd like to propose that we use 'provisional' in our package names to indicate this sort of work in progress API.  I think this will help our customers get a better feel for what parts of our code we eventually intend to promote as API and what parts we consider to be truly internal.

Any opinions?

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

Back to the top