Re: [vtp-dev] CVS repo location

Saminda said he got the CVS information from an IBM website. In the very early days a lot was written about the voice tools project on various IBM sites. One of those is shown on the bottom of the http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp page. When I try to access that site today, it comes up as undergoing maintenance. Doubtless any information on the IBM sites is way out of date, and would not mention SVN at all.

What Dirk says causes me to ask: Just what is the proper terminology for this project? Is it VTP? or is it Voice Tools Project? There seem to be two summary pages: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp
and
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.voicetools

The second one is notably free of any information, so I think someone must have created a template under that name and then abandoned it. I think the "About this Project" link on www.eclipse.org/vtp needs to be changed to point to http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp .

If one goes to eclipse.org main page and click on "PROJECTS" at the top navigation bar, one gets to www.eclipse.org/projects Then clicking on "Show me all the projects" takes one to www.eclipse.org/projects/listofprojects.php At the end of the listing for Technology Project there is "Voice Tools Project", which links to http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp I am guessing that is the proper project summary page, and that links to www.eclipse.org/vtp. So, in my mind, http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp must be the effective Home Page for the project. It does seem to have the most up to date information.

Dr. Dirk Schnelle-Walka wrote:
Hi,

an interesting point would be:
Where did Saminda get the information about the CVS repository from. I cannot see anything on the project home page http://www.eclipse.org/vtp/

However, the link to the SVN repository seems to be broken.It points to
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/org.eclipse.vtp/?root=Technology_SVN
but it should be
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewsvn/index.cgi/?root=Technology_VTP

Can somebody correct that, please?

Additionally, the contents of the about page is empty (click on About this project): http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.voicetools

~dirk
This link will take you to the current front page for the project in eclipse.org. There are links to the source repositories on that page. Note that the project now uses SVN, not CVS, and the current state of the source has to be downloaded from there.

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.vtp

Saminda Wijeratne wrote:
Hi,
I was trying to find the CVS path to checkout the eclipse vtp project was unable to. only source of information I found is in http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-eclipse/ which seems to be incorrect. Anyone has any idea??

Thank you,
Saminda