Re: [vtp-dev] JVoiceXML 0.5 browser plugin preview

That sounds reasonable, and perhaps you can place headers on the file that says this file is released under the terms of the following two licenses by Dirk Schnelle? If it's a relatively small piece of code, you can attach it with the right headers to a bugzilla bug and that'll be enough.

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

          Dirk Schnelle <dirk.schnelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: vtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          08/03/2006 11:17 AM

          Please respond to
          Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Voice Tools general developers <vtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [vtp-dev] JVoiceXML 0.5 browser plugin preview

> If you are the sole author or can get all the authors of that codebase
> to license under the terms of the EPL, I'll put it through the
> contribution process.

I am the author of all classes that are in that jar. However, I will ask
all developers, if there is anything against that.

> One problem I can forsee is that if you ever recieve a contribution
> from someone you'll need to make sure they are giving you the
> contribution in terms of the LGPL and the EPL if you want to
> contribute those changes as well.

That might be a problem. But this jar contains mainly a set of
interfaces, a set of events and classes for remote access to the
implementation on the server  (which remains LGPL).

The latter two are almost stable and I hope that there are not too many
issues for the interfaces.

But this is an intersting point. Licensing is always difficult and there
will be some pitfalls. But: I am optimistic for that.

So I drop you a note, if I got a response from the developers.

/dirk