[vtp-dev] VTP Tellme launcher and Skype v 2.5

All –

I found a few minutes to give the new Skype version 2.5 a try with the VTP.

It works flawlessly for me. No problem whatsoever.

The debug logs show me that the new Skype is quite a bit “chattier” than previously. There are lots more status messages. There is a new call state called “UNPLACED”, which comes out before the call is established. Now duration is sent every second, instead of just at the end. But none of that matters to the DLL. After it connects, it simply moves strings, no matter what they are. And the launcher uses only a very very limited set of Skype commands – basically it places the call and waits for it to finish. No groups, no chat, no voicemail, no sms, no user info, just call and end.

The new users who reported failure – were they starting from clean new installations of Skype and VTP? Did they see the Skype dialog the very first time where one has to click on a radio button and then OK to tell Skype it is alright for that application to connect to it? If they saw it, did they answer the question? (I would show you a picture of the dialog, but once you have answered yes, it is not possible to make it appear.)

That is the only thing that I can think of that might result in failure – and that is only the very *first* time. After the first time, Skype remembers it is OK.

-- Mike

Back to the top