Re: [ve-dev] VE 1.5 development plan

>>But I think we should not touch the current architecture for two reasons:
> 1.       Heavy tasks
> 2.       Break the compatibility.
> So it is possible to make the VE run in a single VM but it will require
> some
> work...
> Well this should be looked at later on cause it will provide a good
> performance increase due to eliminating cross VM communication overhead.

I think we agree: 2 JVMs isn't a critical issue. It is nice to have.

>>And the development UI in Java is very low level.  We should focus on
>> high
>> level and domain oriented solution based on declarative UI,  which could
>> be used by graphic designer and application domain developer.
> Well whatever you do just make sure to keep it working with only the .java
> file (not adding any extra files required to actually load the class,
> adding some for cache and performance boost is OK)

Java is not a good solution to store UI structure:
   1. Difficult to decode and encode
   2. Static aspect and business logic are mixed up, it is always a mass
   3. Very limited to support advanced features such as data binding,
reusable component, etc

Please look at the incubator project - e4 XWT.

yves