I'd recommended you check the bug tracker to, the bugs have probably been pilling up after the huge period of complete inactivity.

You can also always look at other editors to see what they have that the ve doesn't, to get ideas for what to do.

Sorry if i wrote to much i just really wish for eclipse to have an active GUI designer project, its the only thing that even disturbed me about Eclipse.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:45 PM, yves (yingmin) yang <yves.yang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Nick,

You are absolutely. I'll do it.

yves
-----Original Message-----
From: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Nick Boldt
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 8:20 PM
To: Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project
Subject: Re: [ve-dev] VE 1.5 development plan

Have you set a date for the 1.4.0 release? There needs to be a release
review (complete with slideware that no one will read) and schedule a
call (that no one will attend) in order to be able to release a 1.4.0
R GA build.

Once that's done, you can decide if you want to / need to do 1.4.x
maintenance or just continue in HEAD working on 1.5.0.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM, <yves.yang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you know, VE is finally back to eclipse main stream and VE 1.4 ia
> available for download.
>
> It is time to consider the features of nex version 1.5. Here are some
> tropics I have:
>  1. Improve the usability.
>  2. Continue to provide a more generic editing framework, and supporting
> visual editing of non-java target such as
>     - e4
>     - XSWT
>     - GWT
>     - HTML
>     - XForms
>     - Web pages
>
> Any request/suggestion and contribution are welcome
>
> best regards
> Yves YANG
> ----
> Soyatec - Declarative UI for eclipse