[ve-dev] Custom GraphicalEditPart

I am customizing VE so that I can visually develop applications that use concurrent processing (CSP).

This involves Swing components that need to be wired together using channels.

I intend to subclass GEF's ConnectEditParts to represent the channels but first I need to be able to visually represent my GUI.

A very simplified example of the GUI code would be;-
public class Mygui extends GUI {

	@Override
	public void createAndWire() {
		JLabel jLabel = new JLabel();
		  jLabel.setText("My Label");
		  JPanel p = new JPanel();
		  p.add(jLabel);
		  setContentPanel(p);
	}
}

I would like to represent the GUI class visually as a bordered rectangle. Inside the rectangle I would like to display the image of the ContentPanel property.

So far I have a GUIGraphicalEditPart that displays my GUI 'box'. The GUIGraphicalEditPart also has a child ContainerGraphicalEditPart that has the JPanel as its model.

I have set the ContainerGrpahicalEditPart for the Panel to transparent=false but it still doesn't show up on the canvas.

Have I missed something important? Is this the right way to go about it?

Thanks,
Cathy Scott

Back to the top