[ve-dev] VE 1.3.0 first code drop in CVS

Hi all,

Last night I checked in the code for the first drop of VE 1.3.0, intended for use with the Europa release. This build of VE has removed the internal references to JEM 1.2.2, which was extracted in order to be updated by the WTP team. VE 1.3.0 now depends on JEM 2.0.0, which is bundled with WTP. Note that there was a classpath issue with org.eclipse.jem.beaninfo that was resolved by the WTP team in between M7 and RC1. If you decide to build VE, you'll need the latest WTP to do so.

There has not yet been an official build of VE 1.3.0, but it is possible to build from source by checking out from CVS and building the org.eclipse.ve.feature. Either way, I'd appreciate some help from a few VE users in testing 1.3.0 to flush out any issues to working on Europa on any platform. I have not yet addressed any of the known bugs, the priority being to get it running with Europa in the first place, but if there are any new ones identified, I'd appreciate hearing about them (and will cheerfully pull in patches).

As soon as there is an official build, or significant code drops, I'll post an update here as well.

VE is not dead! ;-)

Steve Robenalt

Back to the top