[ve-dev] Property Descriptors -- subclasses are out (I see why now)

After a little digging, I now see why we can't subclass Property
Descriptors. Silly Sun... Geez...

Their introspector is making a copy of the cached descriptors. I assume this
is due weak reference use and the desire not to hold on to stuff that
explicit beaninfos create/return (in case the explicit beaninfos use weak
refs). The introspector uses a weak hashmap, and they need to be careful on
what they place in it...

I wasn't planning on using it anyway. I set things up using some factory
methods to create property descriptors and populate them with attribute
values.

The more I look at the instrospector code, the more I shake my head. There
shouldn't be the need for so many special cases. Geez...
Sun got the concepts pretty right; the implementation of introspector leaves
a ton to be desired...

Later,
-- Scott

Back to the top