Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] [ide-dev] Working sets (WAS: Re: Java IDEs comparison)

> I can’t remember. Is there a bug open for it maybe?

See bug 427897.

Dani

From:        Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        User Interface Architecture Working Group <ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        29.09.2016 16:55
Subject:        Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] [ide-dev] Working sets (WAS: Re: Java IDEs comparison)
Sent by:        ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: <ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM
To:
UX Group <
ui-best-practices-working-group@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] [ide-dev] Working sets (WAS: Re: Java IDEs comparison)

On 09/29/2016 04:32 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Thanks Mikhail! I can’t wait to try it (I’m stuck on Neon for a while).
As you were one of those missing it to adopt project explorer, it would be nice if you could find some time to try it before the Oxygen release to check whether the implementation solves your issues.

Of course. By a while, I mean a few weeks, probably after Neon.2. I have some pretty big changes to CDT and the Launch Bar I’m working on until then (and an Neon based commercial release).

But to your original question, what other features prevent users from migrating from the Package Explorer to the Project Explorer and the promise of a single Code perspective? There was discussion earlier somewhere that I can’t remember. Is there a bug open for it maybe?

BTW, this would be a proposed UX guideline. That language plug-ins must share common Code and Debug perspectives. That would greatly simplify workflows for users that use multiple languages. For example, my cloud projects based on vert.x server and Angular 2 clients should not require me to change perspectives when working on the different Java and Typescript files that I have in the same project.

Doug.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for