Re: [ufk-dev] maven build and stuff

> The application more or less builds, when you use tycho
> (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+project+overview), but
> it needs attention and needs to be backed by Eclipse Databinding. Since
> binding model and view in standard Eclipse Databinding is a tedious
> process (i.e. requires a lot of boilerplate code), I thought I could use
> uface to ease this for me.
>
> So I checked out the code yesterday, but it seems it does not build
> anymore (the proper branch). Also, the instructions provided on the wiki
> to get it to work using the PSF files don't seem to work either. This is

Can you explain me what is not working so that I can fix it? I guess the
.psf simply miss some new bundles right?
I think its the new stuff (jxpath), or maybe I didn't RTFM :)

> not to critisize anyone or anything, but I think the maven part of the
> build is not maintained anymore (which is entirely my fault I guess :) ).

Yes :-) because I'm happy with my virtual structure and always postponed
the updateing of the maven stuff.
No problem. I'll see if I can fix the build again.

> If everyone agrees, I will have a look at the maven build this week. I
> will also upgrade the eclipse dependencies and point them to the bundles
> provided with Eclipse 3.5 (which was released the other week).
>
> Tom, do we need our own build for the Eclipse Databinding, or can we use
> the bundles provided with Eclipse 3.5?

If something is not working this is a bug and we/I have to fix it. I'll
try to do a checkout myself tonight and upgrade the target setup to use
the Galileo GA (we are on some rc now IIRC).
Will you upload the bundles in our google repository as well? Or do you want me to do this?

The only part of our project that needs a patched version of databinding
is the GWT stuff because some parts don't compile.
That's what I was thinking.

When repacking stuff for maven please use our code-google repo and don't
submit any external code to our Eclipse-Repo. Ideally we consume
packages from Eclipse-Orbit.
That's what we always did, right?
Orbit is cool, I guess. But I wonder if we can use this as a maven repository. Given its structure, I guess not :( Or do you have any ideas on this?

The list of approved ones is found here:
https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.ufacekit/doc/dependencies.txt

Tom

--
B e s t S o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH