[ufk-dev] maven build and stuff

Hi all,

First I would like to apologize for my absence on the project, the past months. Combining a busy work schedule with an open source project is not an easy task, as you all know.
I am currently evaluating uface to use it in my own little Eclipse RCP project. The code is located here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/timelogng
Currently, this code is still crap. The reason for this is:
- the application was merely used to demo the strengths of Eclipse RCP
- the application was ported from an existing time tracking application, called Stopwatch (written in Swing, but now commercialized by the author), so there are some Swing leftovers
- since the application was merely a demo, both binding and non-binding stuff is mixed

The application more or less builds, when you use tycho (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+project+overview), but it needs attention and needs to be backed by Eclipse Databinding. Since binding model and view in standard Eclipse Databinding is a tedious process (i.e. requires a lot of boilerplate code), I thought I could use uface to ease this for me.

So I checked out the code yesterday, but it seems it does not build anymore (the proper branch). Also, the instructions provided on the wiki to get it to work using the PSF files don't seem to work either. This is not to critisize anyone or anything, but I think the maven part of the build is not maintained anymore (which is entirely my fault I guess :) ).

If everyone agrees, I will have a look at the maven build this week. I will also upgrade the eclipse dependencies and point them to the bundles provided with Eclipse 3.5 (which was released the other week).

Tom, do we need our own build for the Eclipse Databinding, or can we use the bundles provided with Eclipse 3.5?

regards,

Kenneth

Back to the top