Re: [ufk-dev] maven build and stuff

Kenneth Westelinck schrieb:
>     > The application more or less builds, when you use tycho
>     >
>     (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+project+overview), but
>     > it needs attention and needs to be backed by Eclipse Databinding.
>     Since
>     > binding model and view in standard Eclipse Databinding is a tedious
>     > process (i.e. requires a lot of boilerplate code), I thought I
>     could use
>     > uface to ease this for me.
>     >
>     > So I checked out the code yesterday, but it seems it does not build
>     > anymore (the proper branch). Also, the instructions provided on
>     the wiki
>     > to get it to work using the PSF files don't seem to work either.
>     This is
>
>     Can you explain me what is not working so that I can fix it? I guess the
>     .psf simply miss some new bundles right?
>
> I think its the new stuff (jxpath), or maybe I didn't RTFM :)

Will take a look.

>     > not to critisize anyone or anything, but I think the maven part of the
>     > build is not maintained anymore (which is entirely my fault I
>     guess :) ).
>     >

>     Yes :-) because I'm happy with my virtual structure and always postponed
>     the updateing of the maven stuff.
>
> No problem. I'll see if I can fix the build again.
>

>     > If everyone agrees, I will have a look at the maven build this week. I
>     > will also upgrade the eclipse dependencies and point them to the
>     bundles
>     > provided with Eclipse 3.5 (which was released the other week).
>     >
>     > Tom, do we need our own build for the Eclipse Databinding, or can
>     we use
>     > the bundles provided with Eclipse 3.5?
>     >

>     If something is not working this is a bug and we/I have to fix it. I'll
>     try to do a checkout myself tonight and upgrade the target setup to use
>     the Galileo GA (we are on some rc now IIRC).
>
> Will you upload the bundles in our google repository as well? Or do you
> want me to do this?

I'm not sure what you are referring too. I don't need to upload anything
to code google to make my workbench setup work because I'm fetching
stuff using HTTP from various locations.

>     The only part of our project that needs a patched version of databinding
>     is the GWT stuff because some parts don't compile.
>
> That's what I was thinking.
>

>     When repacking stuff for maven please use our code-google repo and don't
>     submit any external code to our Eclipse-Repo. Ideally we consume
>     packages from Eclipse-Orbit.
>
> That's what we always did, right?
> Orbit is cool, I guess. But I wonder if we can use this as a maven
> repository. Given its structure, I guess not :( Or do you have any ideas
> on this?

When we want to ship something we only have approval for the stuff in
Orbit and so we should not fetch the stuff from somewhere but reuse
what's there already.

I guess the only thing missing to use the orbit stuff is to write the
pom.xml to fetch it but I might be mistaken.

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top