Re: [tycho-user] can tycho be configured that the target that is configured in the pom is always used above the local repo?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 13:58, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:46 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what you say with p2 repo's i kind of already have, but to get there i now need to use install

You don't need to run `mvn install` in order to build a p2 repo.

i know, but i do need it if i want to build first 1 git repo (that has not a p2 by itself, just plugins)
and then another git repo that depends on that and that makes a p2

What if i just don't want relative paths outside git repo's (or using git modules also tried that, horrible exercise) pointing to all kind of stuff .

Then go through `mvn install` but use a dedicated "maven.repo.local" to isolate the work from different branches.

That would work, except suddenly the configuration is outside of a pom again..
So i need to alter 12 * nr_of_branches  also on our Jenkins...

besides also not forgetting to do that locally also always correctly...

I would love to have some kind of tycho command to make a p2 site that deployes it locally to a certain p2_version of the thing i build
then i just can reference that in the parent pom purely by that version..

You can `mvn deploy` your p2 sites with a specific versions, and then try to reference `jar:file:/${maven.repo.local}/my/groupId/myP2Repo/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/myP2Repo-1.0.0-repository.zip` or something like that as <repository>.
Note I didn't try the jar:file stuff for a while, but IIRC, they used to work, so there is no reason that would change.

deploy is even after install right?
so the plugins would also be already in the local repo?
And then having a repository like that wouldn't matter (i kind of already have that but that is overruled by the local installed plugins)