Re: [tycho-user] can tycho be configured that the target that is configured in the pom is always used above the local repo?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:46 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what you say with p2 repo's i kind of already have, but to get there i now need to use install

You don't need to run `mvn install` in order to build a p2 repo.

What if i just don't want relative paths outside git repo's (or using git modules also tried that, horrible exercise) pointing to all kind of stuff .

Then go through `mvn install` but use a dedicated "maven.repo.local" to isolate the work from different branches.

I would love to have some kind of tycho command to make a p2 site that deployes it locally to a certain p2_version of the thing i build
then i just can reference that in the parent pom purely by that version..

You can `mvn deploy` your p2 sites with a specific versions, and then try to reference `jar:file:/${maven.repo.local}/my/groupId/myP2Repo/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/myP2Repo-1.0.0-repository.zip` or something like that as <repository>.
Note I didn't try the jar:file stuff for a while, but IIRC, they used to work, so there is no reason that would change.

Back to the top