From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Boldt
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 9:28 PM
To: Tycho user list
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] [Maven & Eclipse]

In Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, we do this:

a) define the branding plugin
b) define a feature that contains that plugin
c) define a .product which uses the plugin, and includes the feature
d) define an update site which includes & builds the .product

So we have 4 poms, with no circular dependency:

* root pom.xml (simple entry point to build the child modules in plugins, features, and site via a single reactor)
* plugins/pom.xml
* features/pom.xml
* site/pom.xml (which also builds the .product)

This code is available to peruse here:

https://developers.redhat.com/download-manager/file/jboss-devstudio-9.0.0.GA-source.zip

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Christelle BURGUERA <Christelle.BURGUERA@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I really don’t understand what it’s wrong …
>
> I tried to do my product with plugins and not features to put only the
> product module (<module>../pouet.product</module>) to not have the
> cross dependency
>
> I need to put the pouet.product in the “Dependencies” under the
> .product, without the export doesn’t contain my branding.
>
> But I have this error with the build maven :
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-publisher-plugin:0.19.0:publish-products
> (default-publish-products) on project pouet.product: Exception while
> publishing product C:\pouet.product\pouet.product.product: publishing
> result: [Included element pouet.product 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot
> determine filter for requirement to this element.; The features
> specified in the product definition are ignored; verify the value of the 'type' or
> 'useFeatures' attribute.   ] -> [Help 1]
>

> Is somebody have a Maven example for this architecture for an Eclipse
> Product:
>
> Maven parent who call
>
> Plugin with product (based on features for the Product Definition)
>
> Feature
>
> ???
>

> For information I’m under Luna and I use Tycho 0.19.0.
>

> Many thank !
>
> Christelle

Nick Boldt :: Productization Lead :: JBoss Tools & Dev Studio :: Red Hat, Inc.
http://nick.divbyzero.com