Re: [tycho-user] Project generated from tycho-eclipse-plugin-archetype is missing JUnit

On 10 Nov 2013, at 19:09, Steinar Bang <sb@xxxxxx> wrote:

> However, what I'm still curious about, is whether the .project and
> .classpath files contain information that isn't in the pom.xml?
> Ie. what is the underlying reason that the test project can't find
> JUnit?

The .project and .classpath files are used by eclipse to tell it how to build  the project. In a M2E case it has a M2E nature defined in the .project, and in the classpath a M2E entry as well as the source file folders to use (typically src/main/java but could be something else).

When you update the pom you need to right click on the project and do "update dependencies" to tell eclipse that it needs to rebuild the classpath for the project.

Alex

Back to the top