Re: [tycho-user] Project generated from tycho-eclipse-plugin-archetype is missing JUnit

> On 10 Nov 2013, at 18:08, Steinar Bang
> <sb@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> And do I have to put their .project, .classpath etc. files under
>> version control?

> It's so much easier if you do. If you don't and you do a git clean
> then you destroy the project instantly. Or if you switch branches
> again you destroy the project.

> Best practice and to avoid a lot of future pain is to check them in.

Ok.  Thanks for the advice!  I will regenerate from the template from
inside eclipse, and commit everything (except for the maven build
artifacts).

However, what I'm still curious about, is whether the .project and
.classpath files contain information that isn't in the pom.xml?
Ie. what is the underlying reason that the test project can't find
JUnit?

And why do the tycho projects behave differently to regular m2e projects
with respect to dependencies? (ie. no "Maven Dependencies" section with
path into the local maven repo (or actually: the m2e cache, which seems
to occupy a different subdirectory under ~/.m2))

Back to the top