Re: [tycho-user] p2-artifacts.properties & p2-local-metadata.properties

The ~/.m2/repository/.meta/p2-local-metadata.properties file is Tycho's index of locally built artifacts. These files are updated by Tycho whenever you build a Tycho project with `mvn install`. Then, the locally built artifacts become part of the target platform of every subsequent Tycho build (see [1]). This feature e.g. allows to build parts of a Tycho reactor after a full build, or to build one local snapshot of a Tycho project against a local snapshot of another Tycho project.

The file should not be used for anything else. If your project doesn't build after having deleted the p2-local-metadata.properties file, your target platform configuration is broken.

Regards
Tobias

P.S.: There is nothing interesting to say about the p2-artifacts.properties file.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform#Locally_built_artifacts