Re: [tycho-user] testing compilation of a generated plugin project (with swtbot and tycho)

On 03/12/2012 11:49 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 03/12/2012 11:44 AM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
I was wondering whether you tried the other approach of specifying a
target project and use that for the execution of such tests...

I don't think Tycho surefire plugin has (and will ever have) a magic
option to reference a target-platform in its configuration and use it to
pre-configure PDE before tests.
So I did only try what as thought was the simplest and more efficient
approach, which is more or less clean. The issue is that most PDE-based
tests assume they have a correct target platform, which is not always
true, I am now thinking this workaround (explicit configuration of TP in
tests) is the normal way to go.

Hi

I was referring to this

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reference_Card#Target_file_providing_the_context_of_the_build

but I guess this will be used only for the building not for starting the eclipse product used for testing, right?

cheers
	Lorenzo