Re: [tycho-user] testing compilation of a generated plugin project (with swtbot and tycho)

On 03/12/2012 11:44 AM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
I was wondering whether you tried the other approach of specifying a target project and use that for the execution of such tests...

I don't think Tycho surefire plugin has (and will ever have) a magic option to reference a target-platform in its configuration and use it to pre-configure PDE before tests.
So I did only try what as thought was the simplest and more efficient approach, which is more or less clean. The issue is that most PDE-based tests assume they have a correct target platform, which is not always true, I am now thinking this workaround (explicit configuration of TP in tests) is the normal way to go.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top