Re: [tycho-user] Building product contains 'p2' folder with duplicate data/feature

It seems to be the standard p2 behaviour to store all artifacts of your installation either in plugins/, features/, or, for everything else, p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/cache/binary/. I know that an installation is an artifact repository, so the third folder is needed so that everything in the installation is also in the artifact repository. If this is the only reason for the third folder, then it could probably be omitted. However I can't give a definite answer on this.

For an answer from the p2 experts, you could ask in the p2 forum/mailing list.

Regards
Tobias