[tycho-user] Building product contains 'p2' folder with duplicate data/feature

I use tycho 0.13 to build my eclipse product. In the application
defining feature I have added some files to be available in the root
of the application when its build using the root=<folder> directive.

The root files are available in the final product/application but for
some reason I also get the following folder:

application_root/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core/cache/binary/

in the root containing my application defining feature and the executable:

com...feature_root_timestamp
com...product.executable.win32.win32.x86_timstamp

If I extract the 'com...feature_root_timestamp' I get a folder
containing the same content I specified using the above root=<folder>
which is also available in the root of the application.

Is it possible to disable this caching of files/duplication located in
the p2 folder?

Back to the top