Re: [tycho-user] Deploying P2 Metadata to Artifactory

Hello Igor,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. Do I get you right: It is NOT
possible to share build results betweeen subsequent Tycho builds via a
remote maven repository, neither a JFrog Artifactory based one nor a
Sonatype Nexus based one? If this is true, I wonder why it perfectly
works with the local Maven Repository. What's exactly the difference
between those two?

We also came up with the idea already to work around that problem by
publishing p2 repositories to a plain http server. But how can you
merge the results of two or more subsequent, but individual builds
each resulting in an own self-contained p2 repository? Both of them
contain an artifacts.jar and contents.jar which are almost impossible
to merge manually...

Could you please give me some hints about the mentioned workarounds
you are using to build your m2e, ... extensions?

Thanks again for any comments.

Regards
Timo