Re: [tycho-user] about.ini with qualifier/snapshot

Hi,

Le 27/10/2011 15:32, Greg Amerson a écrit :
Thanks Igor those properties worked well.  The only problem is that I would like to modify the about.ini just before it is about to go into the jar file but leave the original in the source folder unmodified.  The only way I know how to do this right now is to just modify it in the source folder during "prepare-package" phase and then unmodify it back during the "package" phase.  But it works and git doesn't complain about a modified file so it works for me. :)

Just for the record, we use the same approach in our RCP.
Except that the qualifier was a little bit customized. And we do not directly edit the about.ini. Instead, we modify the message.properties file in the plugin that contributes the product.

For the curious...
The message.properties that is used to customize the dialog's text. [0]
And the pom.xml that uses ANT to modify the properties during the build. [1]

Regards,

                  Vincent.

[ 0 ] : https://github.com/petalslink/petals-studio/blob/master/plugins/com.ebmwebsourcing.petals.studio/plugin.properties
[ 1 ] : https://github.com/petalslink/petals-studio/blob/master/plugins/com.ebmwebsourcing.petals.studio/pom.xml