Re: [tycho-user] adding plugins

Hello,

the problem is that "${workspace_loc}" is an eclipse variable. As far as i know Tycho does not know this variable and uses the text literally. (This causes the warning "[WARNING] Target location type: Directory is not supported")

I do not have a lot of experience with tycho and target platforms. What i did was the following:

1) make sure that i have every dependency in a p2 repository
2) in my target platform reference only the p2 repositories

This also meant that for some dependencies which i could not find in a p2 repo, i had to make my own p2 repo and place that on an internal server.
It is some extra work but fortunately i didn't have a lot of those dependencies and i could use the target definition with both eclipse pde and tycho.

There might be other options like adding the postgresql dependency to the dependencies section in the pom and add "<pomDependencies>consider</pomDependencies>" to the configuration of the tycho target-platform-configuration plugin (See also https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/Dependency+on+pom-first+artifacts).

I think that will be the easiest (maybe the tycho folks can confirm this?).
At the time i created the target platform this was not an option because eclipse PDE didn't pick up those dependencies and it was not supported yet in m2e.
I think it is supported now by m2e, but i am not sure.

I hope this did help you a bit.

Otherwise feel free to ask your questions.

Regards,
Davy