Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:48 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Requiring build systems to update their java version often brings some
rumor and I currently do not see we can take advantage of any Java 17
feature in tycho that would justify that given that people can always
run Tycho with Java 17, 18, ... whatever they like already.

Things like Switch expressions, records, text blocks... and many other features are IMO very interesting in term of productivity and code quality and then long term maintenance cost, and I personally won't wait long before using them everywhere possible, including Tycho!

Back to the top