Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

Maybe I'm getting your idea wrong but Is't it the same as I have described jsut the other way round (having a 3.x branch and master is 2.7. versus having 2.7. branch and master is 3.x)?

I won't expect much development effort on the 2.7.x if we actually decide to prepare for 3.x ... we even can omit 2.7. and start with 3.x right now, I just thought Alex would have a version with 2022-06 included...

If that's true we can even do:

- branch from 2.6.x release the 2.7.x branch
- switch master to 3.x now
- if 2022-06 is out update 2.7.x and cherry pick this to master (should only be some version updates)

> No, we shouldn't, unless it's a breaking change. Anything that's not a
> "too breaking change" should go to master ASAP, as usual.

It does not break anything for me or any integration test but just in case we want to be sure and start with 3.x soon...