Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

> If we want to better serve a wider ecosystem, those important
> features must be released soon (just like we've tried to release newer
> Java support frequently so far).

I can't remember the original bug that complained about missing support for mixed-reactors but it must be > 4 years now, people can wait some more for an official release (or help getting things done faster ...) and using snapshots as well ;-)

> We've changed multiple signatures in public methods
> so we've potentially broken all consumers of those services.

Well I think as long as the API == pom.xml (!) remains unchanged people really don't care, if people build up plugins on Tycho they have to check before upgrading of course but I don't think this is very common (I have some maven-plugin using tycho but promise to not complain).

But if we change things like removing mojos, this probably will break current build files and that's the only reason I suggested/postponed those to 3.x until now.