[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-dev] mark gerrit change as merged
- From: Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:51:17 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120614 Thunderbird/13.0.1
Can you please mark the change as 'abandoned' in gerrit? I apparently
mixed up some words in the gerrit 'commit' incantation.
On 12-06-25 4:45 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 06/24/2012 11:24 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
... and I am still not sure why we go though all this trouble with
gerrit, the value it provides for Tycho is small to no at all imho.
From my POV, I find that Gerrit makes contributing more complicated
than it is with Bugzilla:
1. It requires additional configuration and understanding of Git and
Gerrit. For non daily Git-users, this can be a real effort.
2. It is difficult to follow and participate to discussions across
Gerrit and Bugzilla: I often don't know where a comment is the most
relevant. Bugzilla or Gerrit? Tracking is more scattered.
3. And finally, patches have to go on Bugzilla for Eclipse IP process.
I am also doubtful about Gerrit at Eclipse. The lack of integration with
Bugzilla and Eclipse IP process (which only support the concept of
patches) make it require some extra-work for low added-value. I think it
tends to slow-down contribution lifecycle and is a complicated step that
may prevent some contributors from going further.
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>
My blog <http://mickaelistria.wordpress.com> - My Tweets
tycho-dev mailing list