[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tycho-dev] m2e workspace resolution for Tycho plugins
- From: Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:01:31 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120614 Thunderbird/13.0.1
I pushed some changes  to Tycho master last night (my time) to allow
m2e workspace dependency resolution for Maven launch configurations that
use Tycho plugins. This should allow run/debug Tycho plugins right from
m2e workspace, i.e. all changes to classes and resources will be picked
up immediately, without prior mvn install/deploy.
This feature is disabled by default, in order to try it you need to
* make sure you use pde 3.8 and m2e 1.1 (I assume all Tycho developers
* install latest m2e-tycho 0.7 from one of directories listed under 
* enable "Tycho in situ development" in Eclipse preferences. I pan to
remove this preference once the code proves to work reliably.
* enable "Resolve workspace artifacts" in launch configuration
At this point Run of the launch configuration is expected to 'just
work', but source lookup during Debug will need manual configuration. I
plan to update m2e dynamic source lookup  to work for Tycho projects
in next few days, so everything will be fully automated.