[tptp-news] TPTP 4.2 Planning - Community Input Requested

Per our recently published TPTP 4.2 planning process, we are soliciting community feedback to help prioritize requirements for our TPTP 4.2 release.

A little background: TPTP 4.2 will be aligned with Eclipse Platform 3.2 for release around June 30, 2006 (development will commence January 9, 2006 after a little break following our TPTP 4.1 release November 11, 2005).

TPTP Project Leads/Committers will consider various inputs to help prioritize requirements for TPTP 4.2 including community votes (via this request), requests from organizations contributing resources, Eclipse and TPTP Architecture Plans, Eclipse and TPTP Themes & Priorities, and project/component maintenance needs (e.g., defect backlog age/size).

Bugzilla voting has been enabled for TPTP (each user has 10 votes).  To place your votes, follow this TPTP-Open-P1-Enhancements link to open priority 1 enhancement bugzillas, select the bugzilla of interest (or submit a new bugzilla), then click “Vote for this bug” (above the “Additional Comments” field).

While we are most likely to consider the priority 1 bugzillas referenced by the above link, we will also entertain votes for bugzilla enhancements currently listed as any priority (TPTP-Open-Enhancements) or even open bugzilla defects targeted for future releases.

Unfortunately, we don’t have much time for this step of the planning process – we ask for your votes before the beginning of next week (i.e., end of day Sunday, Oct 23)!

Tyler Thessin

PMC Lead | Eclipse TPTP Project | www.eclipse.org

Engineering Manager | Intel Corporation / Software Products Division | www.intel.com

Open bugzilla defects targeted for future releases:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=TPTP&target_milestone=---&target_milestone=4.2&target_milestone=future&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Back to the top