Re: [tm-dev] Unifying the Eclipse Terminal

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 1:42 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 22 Jan 2015, at 20:15, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> and I repeat - if we take on that what are those exact tasks ?
>>>
>>> as far as I can see we just need to keep the builds on, do a release review that says nothing changed, its in maintanence mode and we tested it worked.
>>
>> I think the main thing is not so much the builds or release review, but testing to make sure RSE is working correctly and addressing any issues that arise as part of the simultaneous release, such as conflicts with other projects. This has a pretty low probably of occurring, IMHO.
>
> Right now it's generating way more conflicts to remove it Mars than it does to keep it afaics :)
>
> Can you point me to issues that happened in past years that have taken a lot of time that we who are interested in keeping it until there are a viable alternative would not be able to handle ?
>
> /Max

I’ve only been involved with TM for a short time, but you could possibly look at some of the bugs that have been fixed in the past. Searching for “releng”, gets quite a few hits on issues that have needed to be fixed for various releases. Maybe others who have been involved in the project for longer can also suggest issues that have been show stoppers in the past?

Greg

Back to the top