Re: [tm-dev] Questions about current refactor and API

Hey gang, sorry for the silence last week, I was busy with a new internal
project getting it off the ground. I¹ll start to turn some of my attention
back to my o.e.remote API proposals again this week. Hopefully I can
provide my thoughts on the questions on this thread. I still see
o.e.remote as a great opportunity to build a TM framework that will be
great for the community. I¹m focused on both a good API and a good user
experience. It¹ll be awesome :)

I¹m not going to comment further on RSE. I have never liked it but that¹s
just a personal opinion based on architectural and UX principles I hold
dear. As with all things open source, if the community still sees the need
for it and are willing to figure out how to keep it alive, then that¹s
great and it will live on. Choice is never a bad thing especially in this
case where I don¹t think they take away resources from each other.

And the same is true with the Terminal. I think I have an idea for a UX
that fits better with my plans for the o.e.remote UX and will pursue that.
If people want to use TCF Terminal, that¹s fine. The same should be true
for the old TM Terminal. This trying to force a single answer is probably
not the best thing for the community, especially for those who don¹t agree
with it :).

Cheers,
Doug.