Re: [technology-pmc] Name & Scope Change For CloudFree

You may have forgotten to attach the revised slides.

Not sure what you mean about docuware and deltas etc.  There should be an updated project proposal/definition that clearly captures the approved (well proposed) state of the project.  To aid in community interaction it would be great if the relevant changes were indicated (whatever means you like) in that doc while it is a proposal.  The slides should highlight the changes for presentation purposes but are not the proposal itself.  People looking to find out more cannot give informed feedback on the changes without the information.

Metastatement:  I'm not trying to be a pain here.  We just need to ensure that all the information is out there and that the projects are well and clearly defined.

Jeff

Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
Jeff McAffer schrieb:

I'm not on this PMC but am interested in the project.  It would be great
to see more information on the scope.  The four bullet points do not
really capture it in enough detail that someone could understand what
the project is doing.  I checked the website and did not see any further
info.

Yes, we don't have good content up on our website yet. The reason is
that the documentation that currently exists is mostly JavaDoc and code
in the CVS and some general concepts/ideas in the Wiki which were
written with the larger vision in mind.

I'm currently writing an article for the Eclipse Magazin. But that's in
German. The plan is to prepare more information about the four
components and have it ready for EclipseCon together with demo code. You
can checkout stuff from CVS and figure it out yourself but I rather want
to write a howto for that that guides you though this using a ".psf" and
our sample application. Some things aren't just there yet.

I have the new scope captured in a separate document. However, the
docuware for the review cannot be a new doc but needs to be a diff. I
wonder if a patch would qualify as docuware. ;)

Having said that, I expand the sope document to better explain the four
bullets and attach that to the docuware. Is that what you are looking for?

-Gunnar