Re: [technology-pmc] COSMOS "Full Project Status"

Hi Wayne,

No we don't because that statement should be changed to "mature project" instead of "top level project". COSMOS may want to become a top level project at some time in the future but it's not an immediate goal. This decision was documented in the Community Call meeting minutes of April 9, 2008: http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOSCommunityMeeting20080409

Thanks,
Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/10/2008 02:18 PM

Please respond to
Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[technology-pmc] COSMOS "Full Project Status"

Howdy COSMOS.

For no particular reason, I read through the COSMOS project proposal [1]
today. The first line states:

"The COSMOS Project is a project proposed incubate under the supervision
of the Technology PMC at Eclipse.org and once reaching full project
status will become a top level project."

Which leads me to the following question: Have you got a plan in place
for the transition to top-level project?

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cosmos/