RE: [ohf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Proposal for STEM to be a project under the Technology PMC (was OHF project shutting down)

Sarah,

Don’t get me wrong…if there is a thriving committer community in and around OHF, we would love to keep the project going. It is certainly possible that we (the EMO and the Technology PMC) have misunderstood the situation.

One related question: OHF has historically been a single project enclosing a number of fairly disjoint project related to healthcare. As I understand it, the IHE and HL7 components are forking over at OHT. So one possibility is that the remaining components become their own separate projects. But again, this is just an idea. It is the consensus of the committers that really counts here.

From: Sarah E Knoop [mailto:seknoop@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 1:18 PM
To: mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Open Healthcare Framework Mailing list
Subject: RE: [ohf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Proposal for STEM to be a project under the Technology PMC (was OHF project shutting down)

There has been a considrable lack of communication among committers to OHF.  It's time we use this list for our discussions and minimize mis-characterizations of this project.

Sarah Knoop

Healthcare Systems Research Manager
IBM Almaden Research Center
650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: seknoop@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2622  (tie 457-2622)

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ohf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/10/2008 08:11 AM

Please respond to
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

cc

"'Yossi Mesika'" <MESIKA@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Stefan Edlund'" <edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'James Kaufman'" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

RE: [ohf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Proposal for STEM to be a project        under the Technology PMC (was OHF project shutting down)

> I believe that it is not true to say that the OHF project is "shutting
> down", though it's future is certainly up in the air.

STEM wants to create its own project.

SODA wants to move to EclipseRT (Scott - you need to confirm that on this
list!)

Keeping an empty project around does not seem to make much sense to me.