From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eugene Tarassov
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 12:58 PM
To: TCF Development
Subject: Re: [tcf-dev] Question on bit field sizes.

Hi Randy,

Size 0 means you cannot access the register (or bit field) with get/set commands.

If an agent supports get/set for a bit filed, the size should be non-zero.

If the size is zero, clients are supposed to get parent register value and extract field bits themselves.

>   I thought the convention ( my interpretation anyway ) was that a size of “0” indicated that this register is a grouping placeholder.

Group can have non-zero size, it would mean the agent supports get/set for the whole group with a single command.

Regards,

Eugene