[tcf-dev] Question on bit field sizes.

Hi,

Folks

    In reading the register specification documentation, I am a little uncertain about something.

    With our own agent, when I retrieve registers which represent bit fields of a parent

    register, we are returning for a set of valid bit fields the following.

         RegistersContext.getBitNumbers() an array of bit numbers

         RegisterContext.getSize() is returning 0.

   I thought the convention ( my interpretation anyway ) was that a size of “0” indicated

   that this register is a grouping placeholder.

   So my question is simply what does a size of “0” mean and under what circumstances

   we will see this. I am assuming that a register which is representing bits in the parent,

   would have a non-zero size, since it represents at least one or more bits.

Thx,

Randy

Back to the top