Re: [swtbot-dev] Who actually runs SWTBot test on hudson.eclipse.org?

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Mickael Istria
<mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What has happened is that the SWTBotStyledTextTest fails with Xvnc and
> DISPLAY=:1, whereas it is working fine with normal DISPLAY. I totally
> guessed an explanation, it may be totally wrong (it's pure guess at this
> point), but I don't get the reason of this difference.
> Here is the error output:

Do you have a window manager running on that display, I noticed that
tests fail when there's no window manager running. I'd suggest some
lightweight window manager like say XFCE if your VM is starved for
memory.

> I am quite annoyed by the keyboard internationalization issue. I cannot get
> the test working on my laptop, so that I have to run tests on another slow
> machine with native language set to English.
> Do you think using SWTKeyboardStrategy would help me? If not, do you know a
> way to get tests working for any keyboard configuration (or at least mine ;)
> ?

FEST-Swing has managed to do this with AWT
(https://github.com/alexruiz/fest-swing-1.x/tree/master/fest-swing/src/main/java/org/fest/swing/keystroke),
I presume it works better than the current implementation. I'm still
not sure how well this will work with SWT.

-- Ketan

Back to the top